Formal Letter Writing
Formal Letter
1. Letter to the Editor
The letter which is specially written addressing the editor of particular newspaper is called latter to the editor. The main objective of writing such type of letter is to inform the matter of public concern/interest to everyone as well as draw the attention of concerned authority through the newspaper. Some of the models of such types of letter are given below.
Model I: About forest destruction
Dhankuta
May 2, 2020
The Editor,
The Rising Nepal,
Kathmandu,
Dear sir,
Through the valuable columns of your esteemed newspaper, I would like to draw the attention of concerned authorities toward the destruction of forest in Ramechhap district.
As we people of Remechhap have realized that the District Forest Office of Dhankuta has not been informed the destruction of the forest. In most of the villages, the jungle is rapidly cleared for various purposes because people are not well educated. Furthermore, some wood sellers are selling the firewood and building materially illegally. Their prime motive is to collect a large amount of money over a night.
The concerning department and respective officials should make a concrete plan to stop destruction of the forest as soon as possible.
Yours Faithfully
Diraj Shrestha
Model II: About Quality Education
Doramba-2, Ramechhap
June 3, 2020
The Editor,
The Kathmandu Post
Dear sir,
I would be grateful if you allow little space in your widely circulated and popular newspaper in order to draw the attention of the general public as well as concerned authority of the government to the problem of quality education.
Well skilled educated manpower should be regarded as the backbone of the government. Regarding our country, technical education has not been given importance. The people who live in the rural regions cannot understand the importance of technical education. They must be convinced to send their children to technical institution. On the other hand, our country is facing with problems caused by the non-technical educated manpower. The government should open appropriate technical institutes all over the country.
I hope the concerned authority will make apt steps immediately.
Yours Faithfully
Kamal Kadel
Model III: About the Bad Condition of Road
Harishiddi- 2
Lalitpur
June 3, 2020
The Editor,
The Kathmandu Post,
Dear sir,
Through the valuable columns of your esteemed newspaper, I would like to draw the attention of the concerned authorities towards a burning problem of the bad condition of the road in my area
As you know, the roads in our areas are quite muddy, dusty and full of small pit. The surface of the roads is not smooth and leveled. Since long time people are badly affected by this problem. It has brought the problem in health of general public as well as to the vehicles. So, if the roads are well pitched in time, the heath of the general public will not be affected as well as the chance of road accident will be decreased.
I would be grateful, if the little space is given to this matter in your newspaper. I hope the concerned authorities and general public will pay attention to the problem and move ahead with positive steps.
Yours Sincerely
Dipak Shrestha
Model IV: About Terrible Traffic Jam
2. Application letter for job
This type of letter is generally written to get job. Applicant has to consider following things while writing letter. Superiority complex, inferiority complex and self-praise languages should be avoided. However, it is better to include the expressions like self-confidence and promise. Language of application should be polite, civilized and formal.
Some suitable sentences to begins the application letter:
a. Having seen your advertisement published …………………
b. I saw your advertisement in The Kathmandu Post stating that you are looking for a ……………… for your office.
c. With reference to your advertisement published in the Rising Nepal on 10th June 2020 for the post of section officer, I would like to submit my candidacy as an eligible candidate for the post.
d. In response to your advertisement which was published in the Kathmandu Post on 7 June 2020, I would like to apply for the vacant post.
Sample letter I: For the Post of Section Officer
Kritipur-10
Kathmandu
Jan 10, 2020
The Managing Director,
Ashok Engineering Centre,
Kalimati, Kathmandu.
Dear sir,
In response to your advertisement published in The Kathmandu Post on 3 Jan, 2020, I would like to apply for the post of section officer.
I am a young man of 25. I have done my post graduate from TU. I have been working as a section officer on a contract basis for the Bagmati Engineering Workshop, Lalitpur.
I would like to assure you that I will try to entirely complete my duties and responsibilities, if the opportunity to serve your centre would be provided.
The photocopies of my academic qualifications and bio data are attached herewith.
Your Faithfully
Smirika Karki
Sample letter II: For the Post of Engineer
Dillibazar-1
Kathmandu
Feb 25,2020
To,
The Manager,
CBC Company,
Babaharmahal, KTM.
Dear sir,
With reference to your advertisement which was published in the Kathmandu Post on the 20th Feb, 2020, I would like to submit my candidacy as an eligible candidate for the vacant post. I would also like to present the following particulars for your kind perusal and consideration.
I have a B.E degree from the Engineering College Pullchowk and have worked as a junior engineer for the Seti Bridge Project at Pokhara. I was personally responsible for the design of special reinforcements on the banks of the river and for suggesting the strength of the pillars. For various reasons the work has been suspended for a year, and now I am looking for a new job
I have much heard of the name of your company in the field of suspension bridge design and wish to work for you. I promise that I will try to complete my duties and responsibilities, if the opportunity to serve your company would be provided. The CV and other essential documents are attached herewith will tell you detail.
I am looking forward to getting positive response from you.
Yours Sincerely
Sabin Niraula
Letter of Application for a Scholarship
At least include following information:
a. Acquitted qualification
b. Obtained division/percentage
c. Reason for looking for it
d. How you studied before
Jitpur-7,Ilam
March 15, 2020
To,
The General Secretary,
R,K Sharma Trust,
Ilam, Mechi.
Dear sir,
I would like to apply for the scholarship as I saw your announcement in The Rising Nepal on 7Th March,2020.
I am Samir B.K from Jitpur Municipality-2, Ilam. I have just passed the SEE exam securing 3.2 GPA. I am from poor farmer family. My parents cannot afford the expenses on my higher study. Therefore, I am interested to apply for this scholarship in order to pursue my study.
The photocopies of my certificates, proposal and CV are attached herewith will tell you more in detail.
I look forward to getting positive response from you.
Yours Sincerely
Samir B.K.
Sample of Refusal Letter to the Application
Jitpur -4, Ilam
April 17, 2020
Mr. Samir B.K,
Jitpur-7, Ilam,
Dear Mr. B.K.
I regret to inform you that the Trust could not select you for the R.K Sharma Scholarship this year. Your application, along with your attached documents were evaluated by a group expert. Your C.V. was really impressive and your proposal is viewed to have been appreciable. Due to tough competition you are not selected.
Thank you for taking interest in the R.K Sharma Scholarship. I am sure that you will receive another scholarship for your further study.
Yours Faithfully
Hira Sharma
General Secretary
R.K Sharma Trust
Sample of Acceptance Letter to the Application
Jitpur -4, Ilam
April 17, 2020
Mr. Samir B.K,
Jitpur-7, Ilam,
Dear Mr. B.K.
It is our immense pleasure to inform you that the Trust has selected you for R.K. Sharma Scholarship. Your application, along with your attached documents were evaluated by a group expert. Your C.V. was really impressive and your proposal is viewed to have been appreciable for the competition. Although the competition is highly challenging and fierce, you have been selected as the best candidate for the scholarship.
Congratulation on your achievement. Thank you for taking interest in the R.K Sharma scholarship. I hope the scholarship will be helpful for your further study. You are informed to contact the trust within a month.
……………………
Hira Sharma
General Secretary
R.K Sharma Trust
Sample of Appointment Letter
Manthali -6, Ramechhap.
March 2020
Ms. Pramila Magar,
Ramechhap-3, Ramechhap,
Ref: Appointment Letter
Dear Ms. Magar,
It is our great pleasure to appoint you as lower secondary level English teacher to be effective from the 1st of March 2020 on a contract basis for 5 years at our school. Your job responsibility mainly demands English teaching in lower secondary level.
I hope you will abide by the rules and regulations of the school and fulfill your responsibilities. The facilities to be provided are specified as per the rules and regulations of the school.
I would like to thank and congratulate you on your selection for the position.
………………….
Ganesh Shrestha
Principal
Comments
Post a Comment